Monday, May 16, 2005

Walking is Refreshing

Blog from when I was using LiveJournal.

[mood | Chaos, Peace, Chaos, Peace...]
[music |Copeland - California, Mae - The Everglow]

I didn't sleep well last night, I kept falling asleep while I was trying to do something (Like the Cornerstone journal I just submitted). But since I was trying to do things, my mind wasn't sleeping, it was trying to focus on what I was trying to do when I fell asleep. I had a dream about Megan, and a couple other dreams too, but I don't really remember them. I wrote this poem when I got up this morning

Your Face Here

(Have Your Way)

And this is all that we have left

I have given in to death

Disease and decay are quickly taking over me

And this is all that I have left

Memories from when I slept

Dreaming of you in my mind

It is working overtime

I need to sleep it off

As it is written black on pink

"Your Face Here" upon my heart

Oh, is this truly art?

Because I haven't found out yet

Why I'm sinking into death

But these words and these rhymes are filling up my head

And I am drowning

Drifting in artistic genius

Why won't these words ever fit this?

Oh my rhyming's never 'on'

And my timing's always 'off'

Oh, Lord, bring happiness

She is growing ever beautiful

And as always I'm a funeral

Buried deep inside

The mourning of unending lethal weaponry

Scream to get out

Stabbing myself in the back

This will be the death of me

And I'm never caring now

Of why I'm always fallen down

I am on my knees

Begging You for peace

And these weapons are impaling me

Cutting 'in'- to-'out'

And I am bleeding

Oh Father, Have your way in me

Father, have your way in me

I am fallen on my knees

Begging You for peace

As it is written, so

Shall it be done

"Your Face Here" upon my heart

Have Your way in me

05/16/05

After writing this, I took my car to the shop, and then Mrs. Webb took me to their house, I had lunch with them, and then I walked home, (maybe a 45-minute walk ???) it was a good walk. I listened to my MP3 player while walking, and prayed about Megan and me. I listened to the song California, by Copeland, a couple times, and then set my player on random. And I took some pictures of some beautiful roses I saw at a house on my way. I really want to talk to Megan.

Once again, thank you for reading

With Love

Matt

No comments: