Friday, May 27, 2005

A Night Of Inspiration...

Blog from when I was using LiveJournal.

[mood | I'm kind of bored... I think]
[music |(in my head) Bright Eyes - At the Bottom of Everything]

On the way home after my last entry, I was inspired again. I stopped in the middle of a road somewhere and wrote it down. The fifteen minutes I was there, no one drove past. But then again it was about two... well one in the morning here, but all my clocks are set to EST... and so are heaven's. Well, this is just a weird poem. I just wrote random thoughts from the drive home, and then finished it with thoughts from the ending from an AIM conversation I had had with a friend that night before I drove home. I left off the last line, because I don't know what inspired it, and I don't really remember what I meant by it. Question the title if you like. As I was driving home, there was smoke from something burning, I believe there was also a fog, which I wrote about, but it may have all been smoke, but anyway, the smoke, at first smelled like smoked meat of some sort, and then of fresh coffee beans.

Smoking Meat And Coffee

Freight train headed down this backwater country road
Breakneck speeds it's headed right for me
Or am I headed straight for it
Oh, wait
It's just an old barn
And a fluorescent flood light
And this curve in the road
The moon makes this fog glow
I think I made a bad turn somewhere
There's definitely something shining
Maybe it's that light
Through the trees around the corner
Oh, let's just be lazy tonight
Ends up we just make a simple thing complicated
Goodnight, dear Little One
The moon smiles upon you
Ah, it is true
For it lights my path
On the dark windy road
Aww... Goodnight
Signing off...

I hope my friend doesn't mind the nickname Little One. It just seems to fit so well, and I have become quite fond of it in the few moments I have thought about it.
Signing off now
With Love
Matt

No comments: