Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Reasons and Season

Blog from when I was using LiveJournal.

[mood | Guilty?Distressed?...Depressed]
[music |Bright Eyes - Amy In The White Coat, & Dasboard Confessional]

Well, after such a ‘seemingly’ good day, this has been an odd night. I listened to a sad song, and then was metaphorically ‘hung up on.’ And then I just began to write. The long poem is the result. But these two shorter poems are things that I have written in the past couple days, just to show you what odd things have been going through my head, even on ‘seemingly’ good days. I leave this open to interpretation...

05/08/2005

And that's what

I've been getting myself involved in

I'll call it temporary comfort

From your arms

Decay of Reason

A thought process to change

All the night has washed away

But I'm still walking with my back toward the sunrise

And I guess this is what I've been getting

Myself involved in lately

I'll call it temporary comfort

From your arms

And I'll say it's logical without reason

Like temporary is for a season

05/09/2005 (~ 08:30)

Mirror, Mirror, A Reason?

(The Point At Which We Cease To Bend)

(Working Title)

From the cold dark outside

I hear the wolves call my name

I swear the wind howls “I’m freezing”

But it’s not winter it’s May

And the mirrors are crying

“We see through your disguise”

“Oh what beautiful circles”

“But they’re only green lies”

And the seconds are winding

All forward not back

But I am still living

Breathing air from days past

Oh it’s getting so stagnant

And it’s getting so stale

Am I not breathing at all?

Someone tell me what’s real

Was there ever a romance?

Or was this all just a dream?

I can see that you’re smiling

But what does happiness bring?

I know that I smile

Usually when I am sad

And I know I wear pink

When I ought to wear black

My heart is so open

Just a wound that won’t close

I’ll sink down in salt water (the ocean)

And I hope this pain shows

Because tonight where I hold you

It is forever – I know

But now that moment was fleeting

I’m left here alone

And I’m hugging the air

It is cold, still, and raw

Oh the whispers I’m hearing

No, they’re not harmful at all

And the glass is just showing

What I know in my heart

As sugar is pleasing

But only to start

Your lips called me so softly

As I held back my tears

Now you’re gone – I am willing

But for someone less dear

Were then you the air?

Or is the air now you?

I’m unaware

Did we have nothing to do?

And so we held hands

And dreamt about love

Were you sad when you smiled?

Was it like calling a bluff?

Now beginning and ending

Is all just the same

Was the ending beginning?

Or had seasons, art slain?

05/09/2005 (~ 23:05) to 05/10/2005 (~ 00:47)

No comments: