Sunday, July 2, 2006

Think the dancer mad

Blog from MySpace.

Current mood: still, quiet, contained
Category: still, quiet, contained Writing and Poetry

07/01/06 (23:39)

Well, I guess you caught me on a good day
I haven't had too much to drink yet
I guess you caught me on a good day
Haven't made any bets that I won't win back
I guess you caught me on a good day
Nothing but waking up that I regret yet
I guess you caught me on a better day
Better back away before my mind catches on to the fact


The Cemetery (Don't bury a lover without the other)
Lie
Like nothing ever happened
Try
Not to cry when you smile to see me
I'm sneaking up behind you
Surprise!
(This is no place for upbeat attitudes like mine)
"It's good to see you again"

It's been far too long
The scene here's all wrong
I pictured this differently in my mind
No gravestone
No tears
A real man was here
You weren't mourning a loss all alone
Wish I could do [something]
But I can't
Can't even take your hand
I'm sorry that you cry at the smile of our memories
Turn away from this tombstone that reads...

It's been far too long
Sorry I haven't called
I pictured this differently in my mind
No black coat
No tears
We shouldn't be here
I'll take you
It's a long way home
Wish I could do [something]
But I can't
Can't make you understand
I'm sorry that you cry at the smile of our best memories
Please back away from this tombstone that reads...

Here lies... the man of her dreams
Here lies... the ghost who sings her to sleep
Here lies... the best man she ever knew
And now I understand
Your hand can't take mine
Your eyes can't not cry
Your grave can't come soon enough
As you waste away at the foot of mine
07/02/06 (01:26)

Currently listening :
At Folsom Prison
By Johnny Cash
Release date: By 19 October, 1999

0 Comments - 0 Kudos

No comments: