Saturday, July 22, 2006

Just a couple things...

Blog from MySpace.

Current mood: cynical
Category: Writing and Poetry

I spent a lot of last night writing... which is probably why I woke up this morning with my dictionary under my legs and feeling like I had just gone to sleep five minutes before.
But here's what I've got.
It was an interesting shift from last night to this morning.

07/22/06 (01:28)
We'll give it back
For sentimental value
I'll take it back ('cause)
I'll go mental without you
I brought you flowers
(Every day)
For a year and a half
Tell me you don't want this now
(You can)
Take every sentiment back
Ask me for a secret
I won't tell you that I love her
But every time I smile
You're in the corner of my eye
And you can tell that I'm her lover
We all know that things aren't right
But we can't live like this forever
The secret's out
The heart is shattered
Something's missing six feet below
Take my heart
I'll live without her
I know I've been a ghost before
(finished at 04:45)

07/22/06 (04:47)
I'm running out of time to find my right
Don't point out wrongs
With every touch
I have to get closer
Close enough to feel
How callus I am not
Ripped away to know
How callous I've become
It's not such a cynical thing to say
If I'm going to be crushed
I might do my best to enjoy it
'Cause I've been here before
And I don't want this to go away
You're running out of time to find my right
Dancing with the moon
Playing games far out of sight
With every moment
I pull farther
I pull harder and fight to touch
Don't leave me here without her
Her stone hands match my frozen heart
I know this shit'll get to us
But now we're out of time

07/22/06 (05:13)
It doesn't have to rhyme
Just write whatever you will
Keep the pen on the go
And it's better than not moving
Fall into a slumber
Where you meet her for to make mistakes
In a beautiful falsehood
That won't remain when you arise
You end up with a distortion of the truth
Feelings of an atmosphere of idealized everyday life
When in fact, it's just an everyday emotion
If only she could share your dreams
Then she'd know how you felt
(10:25 finished after I woke up)

I've been writing in my little memo pad that Josiah and Jenny gave me for my birthday in 2005... and the quote they put on the next page reads:
"The will to prepare is more important than the will to win" ~Levell Edwards

Currently listening :
Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
By My Chemical Romance
Release date: By 08 June, 2004
0 Comments - 0 Kudos

No comments: