Thursday, June 29, 2006

Made Up Like Mannequins

Blog from MySpace.

Current mood: Slightly better
Category: Slightly better Writing and Poetry

I've been traveling through a tough patch lately, so excuse a couple outbursts here.
And also, sorry I haven't checked my email or MySpace in forever... I just haven't cared to. I don't have enough energy to keep myself alive AND care about everybody else, and I'm sorry.
ummm most of these have ideas that I really LOVE, but they didn't come out well as a whole... but I like the ideas in a simplistic form... back to basics again...
Also, I track time in military time, so yes, anything that is written at 0X:XX is some time in the early morning... and usually I haven't gone to sleep yet... or I'm contemplating not sleeping.

Good Night, Good Knight
Gather together all your weapons
We've got ourselves a war (this afternoon)
We've drawn the line in the sand
By the merry-go-round
We'll have this place burned and black
Before the moon comes around
And with his silver eye
He'll fail to negotiate peace
They'll be on the run
We'll burn 'em out in the trees
And piece by piece we'll take them out

There was a storm
A wind of violence
A spray of ammunition
We seem to have lost our feet
(And our vision)
I heard a sound coming from the swing set
Jump out from behind your slide
Gun Ho, we'll catch 'em before we're out of time

Gather up all your weapons
We're running low
But we're not done yet
And don't forget that we've still got
The knives they buried in our backs

Wait!
Can you hear that?
It sounds something like silence
Wait!
We're (They're) not done yet
Leave your things and go
Don't look back
They've managed to outnumber us
The last time I counted
It was me versus you...
And your army of clones
Don't try to tell me that we're not alone
Cause I can see my shadow fall
Beneath the cold moon's light
He's been around some time
I trust he's not like you
He doesn't lie

We had started this day with a challenge
By noon we'd met to fight
By the time night fell
I was bleeding to death
I'm simply here to return your knife
Please bury me here in your sandbox
And don't forget my kiss goodbye
Don't look back
Don't regret
Don't apologize
Just say "Good night, good Knight"
06/22/06 (00:32)

06/25/06 (04:35)
I'll throw punches to hide that I'm tired
I'll smile to tell you I'm sad
I'll take you home and I won't say a word
Maybe you won't know that I'm hurt
I'll take a drive in the morning
I'll bust down the doors that aren't there
If tired and broken is all I can be
Than I'll laugh so loud no one can see

This is how it feels to know you're dead
This it how it feels to know
This is how I feel holding your hand
This is how
Loneliness is real
Take it from a ghost
This is how it feels to know

06/26/06 (04:08)
Invite me to the party
Leave me there with strangers
After five minutes gone
It's not like I was there to see only you
It's always good to see
Familiar faces that haven't been around recently
But hey, I guess she's with you
So if I wanted to visit with her,
Well screw that idea too
I've been locked inside a building
Made of a thin, thin glass
Well, getting out's impossible
And the scenery has all been black
I haven't found a reason
But living here
I might as well be dead
But I saw a girl today
Who's just like the doctor said
She's not a super model
But god, she stepped in fire
She's not too thin and not too hot
Oh god she's just a child
Well, I'll just wait around forever
Maybe my day will come
It's not like I'm impatient
But god, you are so fucking slow
And I am so fucking dumb
What light have I seen lately?
I've been in Hell for months
I just turned twenty and I feel like giving up
I'm tired
Don't tell me I'll be fine
I've heard it twenty years now
And this shit still isn't right
You better get your act together
I'm cutting all the lines
I'm hanging by your hair now
And I just can't wait to die

Made Up Like Mannequins
Can anybody give me something
To numb the pain that I don't feel
I spend half the night not sleeping
Cause I know the other half isn't real

Oh why can't I find hope
Why can't I find love
Why can't I find
The matter of fact that I want?
06/29/06 (02:10)

So, I'm feeling a bit better thanks to Amanda (and her family) showing up at Movie Gallery Wednesday. They were on their way back to Jacksonville, and stopped by. It was so great to see such a foreign familiar face.
Well, I'm off.
... you know, I don't think I've ever written a curse word in any one of my little memo pads that I carry around to write in... so, sorry that I started now.
Currently listening :
We Don't Need to Whisper
By Angels and Airwaves
Release date: By 23 May, 2006
0 Comments - 0 Kudos

No comments: