Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pieces to a puzzle

Blog from MySpace.

Current mood: Do you find dancing agreeable?
Category: Do you find dancing agreeable? Writing and Poetry

Well,
This is not my blog...
These are the "notes" that are leading up to what I am hoping to post really soon.
But since I couldn't get the completed product to you...
I thought a sample might be nice...
Enjoy, and when you see it all together... don't ask me how I did it...

07/22/06 (03:15)
Here's something
You'll never know
You'll never hear it from my tongue
Here's something
I'll never speak
So listen closely
While my words aren't slurred through gritted teeth
I didn't mean to rain on your parade
But like it or not
We're going dancing in this rainstorm

07/22/06 (16:49)
If you've been shedding light
Know that you've been spilling blood

No matter how simple
The truth always cuts

07/25/06 (06:15)
Quotes from the movie "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"
Harmony: "Why did you lie to me?"
Harry: "It was an excuse to stay around you. So I think, in the realm of lies--"
Harmony: "You are such a dumbass. I am so not who you think I am, Harry."
Harry: "And who would that be?"
Harmony: "You think I'm -- You think I'm amazing. You do. (Harry babbling on in the background) You think I'm so amazing because that's who I told you I'd be. Yeah, that was the game plan."
Harry: "Yeah, well you know what? It worked."
Harmony: "No one else thinks so."
Harry: "What? My opinion doesn't count?"
Harmony: "No, actually. No, it doesn't. Because you're new here. Just look around, there's younger and there's better."
Harry: "I don't want younger and better, I want you."

Now how great is that! That is so who I am... I mean, not speaking of any specific situations, but ANY situation.... Why tell me that there's better than what I am willing believe is the best. Don't sell yourselves so short people.

07/26/06 (00:34)
Does my back deceive me?
Are your eyes upon me?
I can't wait to tell the world
"I've got a stalker all my own"
I can't wait to tell the world
I got a shiver oh so cold
Up my arms and down my spine
What joy!
How it makes me smile to know
That I've done everything right.

07/26/06 (03:26)
My tongue is sharp
I won't deny it
But sometimes some things just need to be said
If it hurts
Know that I don't hate it
Pain is used to remind us we're alive

07/26/06 (04:09)
I can always reach you
But I can hardly touch you
You're so close
But so far away
I can feel you
But I can't reach you
I'm so close
And yet
So far away

07/26/06 (05:57)
You know me well enough for that
How is it that they always know
That they're not really what I want?
She like guys
With a little more weight
Several times my brawn
Next was the girl
Who fancied the things
She swore she didn't like at all
If her best friend eventually followed
She was bound to like long hair and Rawk
And when all else fails
There's always the girl who doesn't believe in love

07/26/06 (14:33)
My nights are going on days now
Counting the hours I haven't slept
It's been months since I've heard your voice
And forever since I touched your lips
I remember that night we spent
Just laughing
Half a year's gone by
And I remember dancing
But hardly
You tried to sleep in Santa's hat
I have it on film
I spent the night
And then drove home
Where I found me alone

07/26/06 (15:20)
Don't turn on me

07/26/06 (15:23)
Time to kill in mind

07/26/06 (20:11)
The art of losing myself
In bringing you praise
From: "From the Inside Out" by Joel Houston

07/26/06 (21:04)
Dark wave
Swept away
..... hidden
In this dark place

07/26/06 (22:05)
Like a demon in the dark
I feel your eyes upon me
I feel your eyes upon me

That's all for now
I know some of these probably don't make any sense, just because you aren't seeing or hearing what I saw or heard... but anyway... these are just the notes that I have kept... ideas that I've wanted to remember.

I've also had a lot of ideas jumping from songs I've been listening to... mainly speaking... songs from Sullivan's CD "Hey, I'm a Ghost."

"Cars At Break-Neck Speeds"
Break the soil, its now your home with the rest of us down here.
Tell the world what you told me so they know how it feels.
You're on and you're off, but your up to something,
it's a cry for help.
Was it worth it to be apart of something if you can't control yourself.
And I told myself I wouldn't lie.
You'll lie in his sheets and you hear how he speak at the altar,
yet his toiletry bag is still lit with other girls hair.
Who takes the place of your beautiful face if he loves her?
You'll be glad its over. You'll be glad it's over. You'll be glad it's...

Paper trails don't always lead you home.
Lock the door because I'm leaving you tomorrow.
Do you always do what your told?
Get the shovel and we'll bury you, we'll bury me.
And I told myself I wouldn't lie.
You'll be glad its over.

So don't waste my time and tell me that everything I want is unfair.
Perhaps in another life we'll be together up there.
Matters of heartbreak and time,
spirits in tandem with mine.
Smear on your rouge and your favorite blues for tonight.
You'll lie in his sheets
and you hear how he speak at the altar,
yet his toiletry bag is still lit with other girls hair.
I'm cutting through streets
like cars at breakneck speeds with no purpose.
I'm so glad its over. So glad it's over. So glad it's over. I'm so glad it's...
I'm so glad it's over.

"Hey, I'm a Ghost"
Watch from the woods, the forests on fire.
How can we breathe, if we're too afraid to ask?
Shes so amazing, she could make orphans tell who their fathers were.
But Does your tongue register the taste, of every conviction
I'm not ashamed to have?
You know that I will end up alone and I'm not ashamed of that.
So Bite Your Lip, so we both know he's on the phone
A trip overseas until we're on again off again soon

So what happens when your self-respect is rinsed out of the rag that he soaked you in.
He's too physical, its impossible to appease this boy.
Freeze frame, ghost of whats left of a girl who wanted someone when she had it all, she could walk through walls.
Then again, speaks so well of her transparencies.

So bite your lip, so we both know he's on the phone.
A trip overseas until were on again off again soon.
The Ghost can see you now
The Ghost can see you now, so you better put them back on.
Yesterday I realized I'm watching you die
Is the ink in his veins what's blackened your eyes?
Duct tape sorries wont mend this broken heart

"Down Here We All Float"
Something isn't right, I see it in your face don't try and leave me here.
"I can't be a better boy than the one you had before"
as the rain seeps through your aged and tired dress.
When I whisper, here me say,
"find your exit, find your exit, don't you want to find your exit because the door swings both ways"
Help me out and flash the lights so I know.
Its not my fault you're perfect in every way.
"We'll get along, we'll get along, I swear it", lock the door and who knows.
We might be floating on for too long.

You don't want to tell the truth and I don't want what you have left inside.
Could I be the better one between us if I turn around and run this time.
Cursed, are the ones who tell, all the dirty deeds go on at night.
Stop, because the wolves are quickly on your trail if you don't hide your scent before they... catch you.
Help me out and flash the lights so I know.
Its not my fault you're perfect in every way.
"We'll get along, we'll get along, I swear it", lock the door and who knows.
We might be floating on for too long.
I can't be a better boy than the one you had before.
For that, I apologize.

Also, these two songs from He Is Legend's CD "I Am Hollywood"

"The Seduction"
Where did she go I do not know
And which direction was it snowing? I'll turn around again
Paint over pictures on the wall, I can't believe she gave me alcohol
I thought of Jezebel
I hung from a wrecking ball to see a fashion show
I think you know me well
Juliet! You know you want it!
I've been receiving strange phone calls from the city
I will not extend my hand to the general
And I do not think the people will remember us

I hung from a wrecking ball to view a fashion show
I think you knew me well

I've been jumping over buildings
I've been sleeping in the street
"Mr. Jones" will be right with you, if you would just have a seat
Well I'll meet you at the river where we both can clear our heads
I think we would look great dead!

I've got to find the princess, she's in another castle
I'm dancing with a Capulet. We're so "crazy in love"
Juliet!
You know you want it!

"Dinner With A Gypsy"
Is there a place that we can go to teach the children not to grow?
Where lovers don't remember where they met
And heartbreak is easy to forget?
Is there no love to speak of?
I'm looking for a place
I gotta find a new place to call home.

There has to be a closer country where love can live near me
I've got to find it because right now, I'm not seeing clearly
There is someone knocking on my door
No one lives here anymore

Don't I know you?
You've got to believe me. We met yesterday
Don't I know you?
I don't believe, this bar is closed sir
Don't I know you? Well I guess I never did.
Don't I know you?
I've got to get out I don't live here anymore!
Is there no love to speak of?

Is there a place that we can go
To teach the children not to grow?
Where lovers don't remember where they met
And heartbreak is easy to forget?
There has to be a closer country where love can live near me
I've got to find it because right now, I'm not seeing clearly
There is someone knocking on my door
No one lives here anymore
There is no love

And these are just pieces of all the bits of inspirations that I have.
You should listen to these songs...
The words have a different meaning when you can hear them.

Well, I'm headed home to eat, and watch... V for Vendetta...
And hopefully finish my poem.

With another blog still to come
Shane

Currently listening :
Hey, I'm a Ghost
By Sullivan
Release date: By 24 January, 2006
1 Comments - 2 Kudos

~Crystal~

Matt your so awsome with your writing! ;-D Thanks for the sneak peak into your blog tonight at dinner. I guess I'll add a Sullivan CD to my list of splurges. They sound awsome and Derek liked what you played for him on that nifty little phone of yours. TTFN and I'll be around sometime around 3 or 4 I guess to pick you up...Are you bringing extra clothes to work?

Posted by ~Crystal~ on Friday, July 28, 2006 at 2:19 AM

No comments: