Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Come Now Sleep" and "Silence"

Here's a new thing... Newest to older... how's that???
Don't forget... the clock is in eastern time, and 24 hour format... so 02 is 2 in the morning.

02/12/08 (11:42)
She may one day say
That I was too silent
Never communicating my dreams
"Had I only known back then..."
She was straining to hear a voice
But my words were careful by choice
And written so as to say
"You're not listening to me"
Because if you had been
You'd have known exactly where my heart was...
And who I desire to be.


02/08/08 (05:58)
Tearing down what was built
So as to remember the ruins
I wear a watch
But never actually use it to check the time
So when it died
It's no wonder I wasn't surprised

Lost & Found
01/30/08 (10:15)
In a desert of sound
The only silence
Rising from the bones in the ground
A pause for respect would only slow us down.

So taken in an image form
We carried our moment of silence
Words written and signed in love
No folded back on themselves
For use on the day we pause
To remember those we've forgotten and lost.

01/16/08
Doesn't someone out there
sleep like me?
Where it's just easier to say
you don't.
Doesn't anyone know
how it feels
to be alone?

Feel the Same (Move and Sleep)
01/16/08
Doesn't anyone here feel the same?
Knowing that you're meant for more than this...
But it keeps coming back to haunt me
That I'm not important
That I'm rather worthless.

Don't you see how bright the future is?
Keep running the race
It's just over the horizon
It's so bright there
Where the sun sets on my dreams every night
It's so beautiful
On the edge of the world
Where I can never be.

Doesn't anyone sleep like me?
Keep writing and moving
Hold my head up until I'm dreaming
Just keep saying and believing
Someday maybe things 'll change.
One day, maybe
You'll be here with me
Wrapped in my arms
Telling me it's safe to sleep
I don't have to wait the whole night
To collapse upon the day
But you'll hold me close and tell me
You'll never go away.

Doesn't anyone feel the same?
Like you're drowning in the sea?
Like you're falling without hope?
Won't you fall right here with me?
Our lungs have filled with fluid
Just keep locked
Your eyes to mine.

The Silent Memo
01/16/08
What good is it to be Prince Charming
When no princess will stand beside me
No friend
No foe
No stable girl
I suspect you've all received the memo...
"He's distressed
He's tired
He's in need of true friends
. . .
He's selfish
He's cruel
What he deserves is
Dead Silence."

So here I am abandoned
Love left for a stranger
I've grown so weak and weary
Faking to be who I am
But if no one will openly accept me
Maybe we're all better off
Without a Prince.
Ever slightly so Charming.


And now... I think I'm going to go work on something...
A poem I wrote Jan. 10th called Write, and a poem I wrote August 27th called Affairs of the State. I want to look at them both together, side by side and see if I can combine them... and write a new poem in a different state about the madness of insanity...

Currently listening:
Seattle Sessions
By: Classic Crime
Release date: 06 November, 2007

No comments: