Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"Stepping in and out" .... "I want Yours"

Blog from MySpace.

Current mood: thoughtful
Category: Music


I would like to bring to the attention of every reader of my blog that As Cities Burn is an amazing band. Their CD, "Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest" is worth buying simply for the lyrics. Even if you don't like the music, the lyrics are that amazing.
I was listening to the first song on the CD today and realized that it perfectly explains my EXACT feelings at the present moment and for a good while in the past. I don't believe the lyrics need explaining, so I will just let you read on for yourselves. I will just put the lyrics up here the way they are in the CD insert. There isn't an exact chorus, but they do repeat several lines throughout the song, but I won't rewrite those lines. In the CD insert the lines are just written as a paragraph, but I think it is easier to read when they are broken apart, so I have done that as well, but I have left all original punctuation and capitalization.
~~As Cities Burn~~
Thus From My Lips, By Yours, My Sin Is Purged
Well, I've got a will, but I want Yours.
I've got a growing heap of crosses and burdens.
I've simply lost heart to shoulder,
simply no strength to lift.
I've always been a man in need
'cause I keep stepping in and out of the shadow,
caught by the drift and pitch of whatever it is that keeps me coming back.

I want out
'cause I'm getting sick,
sick from all this swerving, Driver,
sick from turning on You.

Someone show me a hole in this cycle.
Show me the way away and I'm coming back the way I came.
No!
I've seen this place before.
Surely this is no place
for the light of this world.

Oh how sweet the sound!
I know it saved, but is it changing a wretch like me?
Oh my God how sweet is the sound!
I once was blind
but now
I just look away!

My bride,
I don't want to know what I'd be without forgiveness
brushing these adulterous lips.



Well, I have nothing further to say.
"Your Face Here" upon my still and silent heart with love
Matthew (Mahi) "Shane" Eskuchen
Currently listening :
Regeneration
By Superchick
Release date: By 21 October, 2003

1 Comments - 2 Kudos

Josh Grace

Would you know that I just e-mailed those lyrics to the BCM director just last night. It really personifies the experience of being in a rut! The coolest thing is that I've been there before (which is not so cool within itself) and can identify with what the guy is talking about. Every layer of temptation and deciet is right there in front of you in that one song. He talks about being stuck in sin with heavy burdens. Next he moves to the failure of realizing he is stuck in this cycle of sin. He identifies that he needs help, but doubt sinks in. After this thought, he finds himself not doubting God's power, but the effect of God's power in his life (a big lie that the devil has been using for years). When the enemy can get you to doubt God's saving grace in your life, he has won. Finally, the last two lines are honest, sincere forgiveness. A beautiful look into the heart of one stuggling with cycles of sin. Really neat song. I don't think I've heard it yet, but I probably should (although I won't understand the words the guy is screaming, but maybe I will now). Thanks man, that was awesome!

Josh

Posted by Josh Grace on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 7:33 AM

No comments: