Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Quick re-Organization

So... I know this is rather unbelievable, but I was fired Saturday morning.

:-)
Isn't that great?!?!?!

I don't know if my alarm went off or not, but I accidentally slept in and was about an hour late for work. So... To everyone's great disappointment, I was fired.
No biggie... I was hired today. :-)

It's a long story to try to explain, and my computer is starting to freak out... I can only run it for so long before it starts freezing every few seconds... :-(

But I'll try.
I feel like God was opening a door for me.

I had been asking for night shifts... I wasn't getting many of them... I had been asking for Sunday mornings off... I wasn't getting it...
The job was good enough. I was content. But now I see that that was my problem. I was only content. I needed to get moving on something bigger, and I wasn't doing it.
So... Now I've got that start of motion.

Waffle House isn't necessarily a step up, but it's an improvement. Ruby Tuesday was a bad influence on me, and I went into it with my heart in the wrong place. Now I'm trying to make sure I have my heart in the right place. Waffle House will be harder work, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm excited. I applied for nights. I'll have Sunday Mornings and Wednesday nights off. I will be making an effort to get involved with my church. I've already arranged to set up a meeting with the pastor. I'm not sure why... it was just on my heart Sunday, to talk to him, and maybe get some direction, or something.

And on top of all of this... I've had a cd for over a month now, and I just listened to it for the first time Saturday night. It was PERFECT!!!!!

It is the Theme Song to my starting over.

The Afters - "Never Going Back to OK"

It's not the end
But it feels like it is
I'm waking up
Like I'm back from the dead
I'm stepping out
And I feel so afraid
But as long as I'm moving it's all right

I feel alive
And it hurts for a change
And looking back and it's hard to believe
That I was cool
With the days that I wasted complacent and tasteless and bored but
That was yesterday

We're never going back to OK
We're never going back to easy
We're never going back to the way it was
We’re never going back to OK

This discontent
Like a slap in the face
Of mediocre
I've had enough of this place
This party's over
And I'm moving away from the frills of you Beverly Hills but that was yesterday

We're never going back to OK
We're never going back to easy
We're never going back to the way it was
We’re never going back to OK

We're here to stay
This is our time
Our only life
Our chance to live

We're never going back to OK
We're never going back to easy
We're never going back to the way it was
We’re never going back to OK
Currently Listening:
Never Going Back to OK
By: The Afters
Release date: 2008-02-26

No comments: