Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Definitely, Maybe

I found these entertaining and felt like sharing:

Dictionary.com- Word of the Day:
forlorn: sad and lonely because deserted, abandoned, or lost.

QuotationsPage.com- Quotes of the Day:
An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.
- Aldous Huxley

... and on to my blog.

I just finished watching a movie... yes, at 04:45 in the morning. It was a wonderful movie. The perfect amount of political fun poking without being offensive or supportive to either party. The perfect amount of ramance for a single 22 year old to watch by himself without falling into a depression about being alone. I couldn't think of a better actor to have played the part, and the wonderful thing about that... I HATE this actor... :-) but he's finally learning how to act. The mature role suites him very well. The only other movie I liked him in was so wrong and dirty and foul that it just suited his immaturity, but he really shows some growth in this one.

But anyway, I loved this movie. I suppose perhaps I should mention the title... Would you like to know?
Well, I might tell you... Definitely, maybe
Definitely, Maybe...

It was a wonderful comedy romance, and I will probably live that life... 11 year old daughter... three gorgeous women that I'm trapped without... One who loves someone else, one who loves herself (or more... Loves me when it suits her, which is clearly not forever), and one who is always "in love" with someone else at the moments that I realize how much I truly love her. Although the story seems rather predictable, you'll be surprised.
The story goes... It starts off with him getting served divorce papers at work. He then tells of a perfect song (Everyday People), which he listens to as he walks the streets of New York to pick up his daughter from school (I believe she's about 10 or 11). Well, turns out there's a mob of upset parents at the school because they had "sex ed" that day without the parents knowing... (I would've been pissed too).
Surrounded by children screaming at their mothers "Do you still have sex with Daddy? You do don't you? I hate you! I hate you!" he finds his daughter who immediately says "We need to talk." On the walk home she's explaining what was said, and when they get to their building, he has to ask her to stop saying "penis" and "thrusting" at which point she decides to yell out penis several times just to see the reactions. :-) (always a fun game).
Well, she pesters him all night to tell her about why him and her mother were in love. Finally... getting tucked in for bed, he turns off the lights and she hooks him. So there's where the story starts.
I still might name the movie for you... Maybe... Definitely, maybe... and then... maybe not.

Before watching that, I watched "Be Kind Rewind" with Jack Black and Mos Def. Excellent movie as well. Very funny. Very moving. And one of the most wonderful things about it is that it isn't necessarily a true story, but the events by which they made the film... The true events behind the making the movie closely resemble what was going on in the movie. It is VERY much worth watching.

I cooked chicken tonight. Chicken and rice (cooked separately, but eaten together). I was halfway through cooking when I decided, "Oh my!!! I think I'll throw in some pineapple." And so I did. I tossed in some chunks of pineapple. Both with the chicken and the rice. I'd never done that before, or seen it done (I've seen chicken and rice come out with pineapple, but I've never seen how it was cooked).
I enjoyed it thoroughly.

PS. I love having a giant dictionary nearby. :-) Just in case I'm not sure how to spell something. I always thought that it was stupid to look up a word in the dictionary to check the spelling. Don't you need to have a general idea of how to spell the word to be able to look it up? Well, I suppose I'm just that smart!

Yesterday--which I'm still trying to call today, since I haven't gone to sleep yet-- but yesterday I spoke with a man about a job. He handed me a 21 page application packet, on the front of which reads in big bold letters: Non-Career Hiring Package.
The best part about that is the understanding for their employees. It's a job where I'd be on call... whatever day someone decided to call in. The nice thing about that is that I'd get a call into work every morning, giving me about an hour's notice that I'll be working. But at least they call me. :-)
But if one day... say... I happen to be working my other job, or in school...
They simply call me back and tell me they don't need me anymore. At all.

Go figure. :-)
And you know, it makes sense. It's a job working for the government. And we know how it's their way or the highway. The word revolves around them. :-)
They expect that their self-titled "Non-Career" job better be your no. 1 priority.
Well, I'm going to be applying to be a Temporary Relief Carrier for the Grand Ridge Post Office. Grand Ridge isn't too far from Marianna, and Marianna didn't have any more need for Temp carriers (which I've been wanting to do for a while). It's a "foot in the door" type of job.
Prove that you'll let them run your life, and they'll give you a real job. :-)

Well, my back was REALLY hurting last night... I could hardly walk or move... so I slept on the floor. I felt better today (yesterday), but just to be safe, I'm headed back to the floor. :-)

Talk to you all later!
With Love, Goodnight (day)
Matthew Shane!

Just Finished:
Definitely, Maybe (Widescreen)
Release date: 2008-06-24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about that movie... I might, ah... definitely, maybe watch it!