Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Sound and The Silence

Some things are better left unsaid.
But I'll let the music I've been listening to speak for me.

Cover Your Eyes
By: Sullivan
Release date: 2007-06-05

"This paper posed as photographs, this promise snapped with time elapsed.
You think you do, but you don't know me at all."

Great White Whale
By: Secret and Whisper
Release date: 2008-02-12

1- Blonde Monster
"Sometimes evil eyes are comforting. Cast spells on our hearts, we don't mind."
2- You Are Familiar
"You're clear to me, despite my blurry vision.
You are familiar in ways that I'm looking for, a silent figure that looms beyond.
You're looking over me."
3- Vanishings
"I say never again to friends, and fads, and fitting in:
A phantom walks to the sea, fades and secretly drowns until his heart's appeased."
6- Spider Besider
"There's a mystical, ancient, and forgotten way.
Ia cho ku, I'm not as sweet as I've led you.
Ia cho ku, with spiders beside her.
Tradition meets with ocean eyes, and sea monsters are in the tides.
A spider beside her."
7- Looming Moon
"We are spending all our time away from one another.
Like wind behind the grass in sway, asleep at certain times of day.
May we all turn into the leaves that crack and break apart.
And I'm anxious to relieve my mind from desperate thoughts.
I hope you remember me always."
8- Attacker
"At night we hear you wandering, gently appearing softly, and cautiously.
There are glowing particles, and flashing bursts,
But let me tell you that the whispering is the worst.
Is he attacker or friend, with a message to send?
Or is it just loneliness?"
9- Anchors
"The ocean dwells in lonely life and storm
Give me this moment; I'll wade into the ocean.
Anchors drag me down to depths of sea, where creatures can watch me drown."
10- Werewolves
"Give in to ghost that haunt you. Accept the friends you want to.
I feel like I am barely on. A well with all the water drawn.
When I'm hard on life, I sleep in days and wander nights.
With legs too weak to carry on, we fall apart like falling stars."
11- Lovers
"Waiting all her life, you have been spending your days all alone, like a widow grieving.
You hold onto the promise you will see him again, like lovers in the evening.
For the open and great unknown, you're leaving your heart at home.
He regrets all his memories, and his soul is left to haunt the breeze alone."
12- Great White Whale
"I'm searching for the great white whale, strong and bold. Locked in a tower, he will sleep forever. I'll never be alone again.
Down by the alder, we were wishing our hearts together. Down by the alder, where you told me you'd never love another.
The animals are gathering to hunt me down. To take revenge for kidnapping your gentle sound. Return to the river, with the howling of all the animals that needed you.
In hunting and living, if you remember one thing, remember I needed you."

Until There's Nothing Left of Us
By: Kill Hannah
Release date: 2006-08-01

"Take this heart. It's ticking like a time bomb And I'm not running anymore!
I'll stand to face it all! I'll fight for every breath until there's nothing left of us!"

Beautiful Lie
By: 30 Seconds To Mars
Release date: 2007-02-27

"A revolution has begun today for me inside
The ultimate defense is to pretend
Revolve around yourself just like an ordinary man
The only other option to forget"

Define the Great Line
By: Underoath
Release date: 2006-06-20

1- In Regards To Myself
"There's got to be some stable ground left to walk on
So tear another page from the book
Are you asleep or just alone
Clear this room from your lungs
And pull yourself together man
Just what are you so afraid of
You're staring truth in the face, so come on down"
2- A Moment Suspended In Time
"There's nothing left for me here
No time to talk you know the drill
It's so funny how we see things so clear when we have no time left to live!"
3- There Could Be Nothing After This
"You want to see me disappear? Well, so do I
Such a quiet evaporation"
4- You're Ever So Inviting
"Don't make me feel so contradicting
I know why you never take your eyes off me
I've used my lungs for everything but breathing"
5- Sālmarnir
6- Returning Empty Handed
"You brought me here for this
I see nothing but disaster
Here again? This is getting old... This is getting old!!!"

7- Casting Such A Thin Shadow
"Speak up
My ears are growing weary
I can still stand if you lend the hand to brace me"
8- Moving For The Sake Of Motion
"I hate the me that I've become
This needy useless forgetting one"
9- Writing On The Walls
"Maybe we, Why don't we sit right here for half an hour
We'll speak of what a waste I am and how we missed your beat again"
10- Everyone Looks So Good From Here
"I have put myself here
I'm the culprit
I am the culprit
I swear I've slipped right through the cracks in the floor"
11- To Whom It May Concern
"At the end of the road you'll find what you've been longing for
I know cause my feet have the scars to show
I was lost with vague direction and no place to call home
Because in this place, we're all as good as dead
...end cycle...
It's not the end of the road for you"

They're Only Chasing Safety
By: Underoath
Release date: 2004-06-15

1- Young and Aspiring
"I fear that I am just an end //So you'll play the mistaken and I'll play the victim
In our screenplay of desire // And I'm still writing the letters I'll never send"
2- Boy Brushed Red Living In Black And White
"Can you feel your heart beat racing? // Can you taste the fear in her sweat?
We've done this wrong we're too far gone // These sheets tell of regret
Here is where we both go wrong
In this moment that we both ignore the truth
It's all over
I'm scared, you're scared, we're scared of this?
3- The Impact Of Reason
"Crack a smile just for the sake of it, This could take a while
A long while
Silence is golden especially in this case
No lights No signs I'm at a loss for words"
6- It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door
"I've been up at this all night long // I've been drowning in my sleep
My knuckles have turned to white // There's no turning back tonight
So hold on tight"
7- Down, Set, Go
"I had the whole world in my hands // And I gave it away
Cracking a smile and wearing it all on my sleeve
What liars we can be"
8- I Don't Feel Very Receptive Today
"I haven't talked in days // And I'm really not too sure // What I sound like anymore
9- I'm Content With Losing*
"How does it feel to be on the receiving end of this one?
I'm half way there and it's all on me // This is what I get for wanting more
So I walk around with this rope in my hand
So I'll tie it around... and around... and around.
I'll tie me down
In your eyes you were the one that tried
This is the moment that we all live for
Are you ready? Are you ready?"
10- Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape
"I heard a voice through the discord // A deluge of passerby
I saw one gaze frozen in time // Watching me passing by
I swear I'll know your face in the crowd // And I'll hear your voice so loud
When you're whispering
Here's my kiss to betray // Desperate to touch the lips of grace
Do you feel hollow when you think of how I've lied?
O sweet angel of mercy // With your grace like the morning
Wrap your loving arms around me
Hey unfaithful I will teach you to be stronger
Hey ungrateful I will teach you to forgive one another
Hey unloving I will love you
And Jesus, I'm ready to come home
Hey unfaithful, Hey ungrateful, Hey unloving, I will love you
I will love you"

Son, I Loved You at Your Darkest
By: As Cities Burn
Release date: 2005-06-21

1- Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged*
"I've got a will, but I want yours. I've got a growing heap of crosses and burdens. I've simply lost heart to shoulder, simply no strength to lift. I've always been a man in need 'cause I keep stepping in and out of the shadow, caught by the drift and pitch of whatever it is that keeps me coming back. I want out 'cause I'm getting sick, sick from all this swerving, Driver, sick from turning on you. Someone show me a hole in this cycle. Show me the way away and I'm coming back the way I came. No! I've seen this place before. Surely this is no place for the light of this world. Oh how sweet the sound! I know it saved, but is it changing a wretch like me? Oh my God, how sweet is the sound! I once was blind but now I just look away. My bride, I don't want to know what I'd be without forgiveness brushing these adulterous lips."
2- Love Jealous One, Love
"This is me at my darkest, looking down from my tower to heaven
Teacher, which of us will be the greatest?
Father, hide our hearts in you lest we steal them back and lay them at the feet of men.
I know now that glory has not a place near my hands, or any man."
3- Incomplete Is A Leech*
"Unless you can part my ribs like the sea and make stone beat, then there's no hope for me. Unless the east never meets the west, unless you set my sin between your shoulderblades and forget. Part my ribs like the sea and change me. 'Cause stone doesn't beat and rock hearts don't pump anything. But I've grown not to mind because at least stone doesn't sling blood, or spill like guts across the floor where the bloodsuckers want more, and more, and more."
5- Terrible! How Terrible For The Great City!
"Am I a monster when I sink my teeth into her when I don't love her?
This is what real men keep quiet:
It doesn't exist if you can hide it behind your teeth and sleep at night
I just feel as empty as the lungs of those waiting in the womb.
Do you feel as empty as the lungs of those waiting to come into this world where being beautiful means being used? How long will we blame the devils on our shoulders, and pose like angels on the outside when all I am is a monster?"
6- The Widow
"My God, what a world you love"
7- Wake Dead Man, Wake*
"Let the dead bury their own dead. Will you still love me in famine, as when love began at the harvest? Or would you gain the whole world? Son, I love you at your darkest. But what good is the whole world when I promise no tomorrow? I only promise your tomorrows will never take you past my palm. Love, what is love without trust? At my word, would you bring your Isaac? Son, I loved you at your darkest."
8- Admission : Regret
"So I hear there's a whole world out there, but I've grown to love this bed to much to leave it
'Cause all I've got is sleep against my fear of being swept away by the wind, the undertow and thought. I keep hearing about this world out there. Come untie me from this bed. Untie me from the wicked things I love. Awake! Awake in the company of men given something to say. Give me a servants heart and a tongue to obey. Awake! Come Wind. Awake! Come thought. Tired head, take up your mat and walk."
9- One : Twenty-Seven
"When will the weak shame the strong
When will we raise our flags past half-mast
I call this brave but how dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
How can I call this love when all that I am is because your love endures my back to it?
Your love endures my back to it."
10- Of Wand And Misery : The Nothing That Kills
"I watched you float away on a wave of want and misery.
I watched you float away on whatever caught your eye.
Now I've got to find you 'cause I've got to keep your head above the water while the current pulls me under. I will hang my life in the space between the noose and your neck.
I won't let you die just yet.
I will love you even when you won't let me and you will kill me by doing nothing.
But I know it's not you, my dear, it's the nothing that kills.
I can't save you; Control is something out of my control
No, I can't save you but I will love you.

With Arrows With Poise
By: Myriad
Release date: 2008-05-13

9- Throwing Punches
"Is this what you meant by love? // To throw a punch with the comeback kids
You've given me desires // With a catch of hope and faith
Is this what you meant by love? // Crashing cars with the coolest kids
You've given me my one desire even though it's dangerous"
12- Stuck In A Glass Elevator*
"If we run we just might find that // There's a way to get out of this place
If we run we just might find that there's a way, that there's a way... to get out.
And in the end the glass will crumble // In the end it will burst and break
In the end, in the end... we'll get out.
Is it just me or is it getting hotter in this place
Is it just me or is it getting hotter... Let's get out.
Let's get out, Let's get out of this place!

(This is truly a beautiful song and you should really hear it. A very mellow rock piece with a beautiful piano.)

Currently undefined:
The Sun And The Moon Complete [2 CD]
By: The Bravery
Release date: 2008-03-18

"We are liars like the summertime, like the spring we are such fools
Like fall we are false prophets, and like winter we are cruel
And I don't know where we belong // I think we grew under a bad sun
I know we're not like everyone // You and me we grew under a bad sun"

Viva La Vida
By: Coldplay
Release date: 2008-06-17

1- Cemeteries Of London
"The morning is for sleeping
Save the nighttime for your weeping
We go underneath the arches where the witches all will say
There are ghost towns in the ocean
God is in the houses and God is in my head, and all the cemeteries of London"
3- Lost
"Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean that I'm lost.
You might be a big fish in a little pond, doesn't mean you've won.
Oh, I'm just waiting 'til the shine wears off."
4- 42
"You thought you might be a ghost!
You didn't get to heaven but you made it close."

Seattle Sessions
By: Classic Crime
Release date: 2007-11-06
Currently Listening:
Safety in the Sea
By: Sever Your Ties
Release date: 2008-07-08
Currently Listening:
The Silver Cord
By: The Classic Crime
Release date: 2008-07-22
Currently Listening:
This Is an Outrage!
By: Capital Lights
Release date: 2008-07-08

Most of these are just quotes, but I've tried to mark the few full songs with an *.
This blog started at 22:56 and finished... posted at 04:35

No comments: