Sunday, July 20, 2008

Truly an Inconvenient Truth

I'm really up this morning because I just wrote a poem, and I wanted to post it, but I hadn't posted that picture yet, so I had to get that out of the way in order to keep you up to date.

7/20/08 (06:12)
It's rather depressing at times
The realization of some facts
All the evidence points to...
Now this
Is an inconvenient truth

The insanity plea
It's like closing your eyes and claiming you're blind
But then there comes that time
And everything around
Pointing to open eyes
You find yourself alone
It's the wrong place
The wrong time
Should've just spit it out two years ago
Maybe now...
Now it may be far too late
And so again
It's rather depressing
To wake up with open eyes
Look back and clearly see
All the wrong turns you made
Despite all the signs
But you wake up to find a desire
It's been planted there all along
But feared... even shunned
"She flirts with danger,
But takes home the good boy"
And my children will also pray
"Our father made so many mistakes
May we forgive him
And forgive ourselves"

Simple as can be
I woke with a longing to love
But the time to enter in
Will it ever come again?

Oh, be forgiven for my sins...

No comments: