Monday, July 21, 2008

Music and Space

I came home just after 4 this morning. I had gone to the park to ride my bike, which I haven't done for quite a while. My bike's just been sitting in the back of my car since... Before May.
I didn't get to the park until maybe 1, and then my tires were pretty flat so I had to pump them up, but after that... I rode around the park... For a while.

In the past week or so, I've realized something rather big. Something that... I'm really not so sure I like. Because it just screams of missed opportunities and how much I've messed things up in my life. Not that the mess can't be cleaned, but the mess just kind of adds to the missed opportunities.

So, I've had plenty to think about...
And here's a short poems I wrote before going to the park last night...
I'll tell you about all the music tonight.

In the absence of color
I've been fading
In the absence of color
I've been lost
This is what a heart gets
Embraced by darkness
This is what I gather is the end
Poetic or not
Here it comes
And now begins the hurt

This is justice
Just as I deserve it
All my life
I seem to think that I'm so perfect
Well this is justice
Just as I deserve it
Come what may
God, don't let Love desert us

Here is born
The pain I've come to know
Love is death and silence
On this cold dark night
It's a wonder that we want it at all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just logged on here for the first time in a week or so I guess and everything you've written since has resembled how I feel. Amazing? Definetly SAD amazing!