Friday, July 15, 2005

Since I'm Not Writing Much, I Thought I'd Share This

Blog from when I was using LiveJournal.

[mood | Worried, Fearful, Lost...]
[music |Fall Out Boy and Taking Back Sunday]

My cousin emailed me the other day. I emailed him back telling him how awesome the song/poem he had emailed me was. He responded saying that it was just a letter about how he was feeling. I structured it, added a couple words here or there, just to help it flow a little better, and now it IS the awesome poem that I read when he first emailed me. This encompasses how we are both feeling at the moment, so prayer for us is much appreciated. I'm leaving this for him to title as he chooses. So written by Frank Yates, this is awesome and I thought you guys might like seeing it since I'm not writing anything too great lately.

With Love
Matt


Come to, and I just don’t know what to think
I’m sitting here in the dark and I try to open my eyes
But I find that they are, and have been open
I’m sitting in the dark of what I’m pondering
So what, I ask again,
Eternal Darkness?
I reach out my hand
Waiting for someone to grab
In time my fingers feel only air
I think the dirt road ends
Only when the pavement begins

Sorry if I have left you wondering
Why I have written that which I wrote
But it’s what and who I am right now
I’m so confused and I don’t know which way to go
There’s a fork in the road
With the hundreds of branches laid out before me
And I’m just trying to think of what will happen
In the future
But I can’t deal, and this is how I’m feeling

Blankly staring to the sky
Imagining what could be
I try to think of what will happen
But it won’t come to me
So now I’m here looking
Know I’m here looking
For no apparent reason
But all the reasons in one
I’m hoping and praying
That I will find the answer soon
But I fear what I have feared all along

Emptiness...




COMMENTS
Comment for Frank on his poem
(Anonymous)
2005-07-24 11:24 pm UTC (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack this
Hey! This is Jenny Rowland from Grace Youth Group! I'd have to agree with Matt on your poem, very very awesome! I don't know the story behind your poem or why you're feeling this way, but if you feel lost and empty, just simply call out to God and he will fill you up. If you'd ever like to chat about it, I would and I'm sure Matt would be willing to talk to you. My email address is singingchic@bellsouth.net. Also, be sure to keep in touch with me since I haven't talked to you in a long time. Have alot of fun on junior high trip!
-Jenny Rowland

(Reply to this)


(Anonymous)
2005-07-26 01:56 am UTC (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack this
RIght on!

No comments: