Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Holding Back Screams... And More It Seems

Blog from when I was using LiveJournal.

[mood | Regret filled, apologetic]
[music |GooGoo Dolls - Iris & Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want]

This is mine:
Holding Back Screams

I'm sorry, I had myself deceived
I guess I wasn't storing apologies
I was saving up anger
I was holding back screams
Then when my lungs finally exploded
I had ceased to care
And blew it all out of proportion
Not that apologies matter now
You're too far away to hear something I'd whisper
My mind's too far gone to comprehend anything sister
So I plead to be guilty
Claimed a villain so sinister
Perhaps you'd say,
"My brother, my friend"
But I...
"...just wish I could have loved her"
I'd cry silent tears
But I seem too much an infant
So selfish and helpless
Cold and dependent
A pillow offering no comfort
To my head long deprived
And no writing I'll find
Could bring hope to these eyes

07/10/05

And this is not:

The Pale Pacific ~
"You are the girl
With the smiles and gravity
And gravity gets things done"

FM Static ~
"One she makes me feel not
Two much like anything
That’s three times more
Than I've ever felt before
And its one AM
And I'm two sucked in
Cuz it's three days later
I can't stop thinking about you"

Dashboard Confessional ~
"I'm dying to know
Do you do you like dreaming of things so impossible
Or only the practical or ever the wild
Or waiting through all your bad bad days
Just to end them with
Someone you care about"

Emery~
"We will map the stars tonight
They help to find a way when all is said
Words can breathe more life than death

The innocence that people share
When touching on secrets and letting down hair"

Dashboard Confessional ~
"Breathe in for luck
Breathe in so deep
This air is blessed
You share with me
... ... ... ... ... ... ...
My heart is yours to fill or burst
To break or bury
Or wear as jewelry
Whichever you prefer"

Showbread ~
"The light in your eyes reflects and I see myself
And all I want to be
For you I'll give everything,
Just to linger on your lips and feel your fingertips
You are an angel"

Copeland ~
"I won't mind if you monopolize all of my time
I won't say a thing at all
I won't say a word"

Copeland ~
"You could take everything I have
Just don't leave my side now, don't leave my side"

Emery ~
"I know if you stay
This will
Be ours to take
I feel so go
I want you for all my days"

Showbread ~
"Yet I see true art, I see her, and I see You
Father, You inspire me to sing to You
You inspire me to sing to You"

Mae ~
"The red light's on, it's over.
To give up now doesn't make much sense
So this is my goodbye, surprised?
Because I thought I could walk you home tonight
But you're leaving me here on the defense"

Dashboard Confessional ~
"We are, we are, intriguing
We are, we are, invisible
Oh how we've shouted, how we've screamed
Take notice, take interest, take me with you
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
We are, we are, intriguing
We are, we are, desirable"

Vertical Horizon ~
"But I mean nothing to you
And I don't know why"

Dashboard Confessional ~
"And the picture frames are facing down
And the ringing from this empty sound
Is deafening and keeping you from sleep"

Relient K ~
"I've thrown away the hope I had in friendships
I've thrown away so many things
That could have been much more
I've thrown away the secret to find an end to this
And I just pray my problems go away if they're ignored
But that's not the way it works
No that's not the way it works"

Funeral for a Friend ~
"I'm sick and I'm tired
Of always being the good guy"

GooGoo Dolls ~
"And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive"

He Is Legend ~
"I've got to find the princess
She's in another castle
I'm dancing with the Capulet
We're so 'crazy in love'
Juliet..."

He Is Legend ~
"I've been collecting stones that I think I'll throw at you
I can't forget your face
I'm sorry dear but that's my cue
..."

He Is Legend ~
"Is there a place that we can go
To teach the children not to grow?
Where lovers don't remember where they met
And heartbreak is easy to forget?"

Sanctus Real ~
"We can't take back words we've spoken
But I'm hoping you'll forgive me"

Relient K ~
"And You said, 'I know that this will hurt,
but if I don't break your heart, things will just get worse.
If the burden seems too much to bear, remember...
The end will justify the pain it took to get us there.'"

Relient K ~
"I'm sorry for the person I became
I'm sorry that it took so long for me to change
I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again
Cause who I am hates who I've been"


This started out as just a couple of quotes that could explain how I am currently feeling, but after about two hours it had become a collage of word images filling in the gaps of a certain relationship. After another hour or so, it was organized and almost flowing in places, but still incomplete.
Due to the time, and the fact that I have school in the morning... Well, I just gotta get going. I'll be back to work on it again though.

With renewed vigor, refreshed hope, and revitalized love
Matt

No comments: