Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Poetic Night... Am I Feeling Artistic, or Do I Want To Shoot Myself In The Head With My Pen?

Blog from when I was using LiveJournal.

[mood | Artistic]
[music |(in my head) Taking Back Sunday - Error Operator]

I have about an hour of free time at school right now, so I thought I'd visit.
I had quite the poetic night last night. I don't think it was too good though. I kept getting mad. All my poetry seemed to constantly be following a similar rhyme pattern and it was driving me crazy. Here are the 'creatures.'

07/05/05
I don't have any power
I can't save anyone
I'm not worth the forever you'd wait
Because my heavy heart is weighing me down
Holding back a spring-loaded silence
Is something I've never done well
And if she sees me with someone else
Well then you'd figure
Well, I guess she'd be relieved (or proud)
Because there's someone that's right there in front of you
I'm sure his waiting is almost up
And just like me
You'd make him wait it on out
Saying "Sorry you're not the one"

07/06/05 (just after midnight) (I'm gonna title this after the time it was written)
Just After Midnight

So I'll let the silence rack up
Save it all to apologize
For a time when you'll say
"It was never your fault anyway"
But there was nothing I did
No word I should've saved
I'd spend forever alone with the taste
All for your kiss to the grave
Though you'd never give it that lightly
Oh how can you simply say
"We should just be friends"
And then how stupid I'd look
Holding out for your hands
I should have let my heart scream
The pain is what you deserve
And yet you go right on smiling
So I must do the same
In time I should hate you
For making my heart have to change
For making me smile
When all I want
Are the bitter burns of each tear
Oh I'd contemplate silence
To keep a memory so dear
I hate the stupid rhyme
Keeping up?
Well good
I figured you might turn your eye from me
Notice the hurt that you cause
NO THIS ISN'T MY FAULT
If you hate me for hurting
Hate yourself for the fall
But then you'll ignore me
A mirror
Perhaps I'll do the same
A bitter grave buried
Where the bones would have happily laid

07/06/05

Sorry that this is all so angry. I was flipping out last night. I was lucky my writing didn't go 'R' rated. It almost did. Words were almost flying.
Well, I guess I'll go now, gotta get back to class soon. I miss having you guys around.

I don't know that there's much love coming from this, but I'm sure there's much desperation.
Matt

No comments: