Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Cold (That Carries Away)

So I suppose I owe you all some poetry. :-)

I'm not sure when I wrote this... :-( I didn't write down the day... :-) silly me. All I know are the times that I wrote, and that I wrote it between March 16 and March 22 of 2008.
I included a short clip of myself singing the second half of this poem, but I'm not sure if that will make it to my blog (I'm texting this from my phone). :-)

(15:07)
Grab your coat
As you walk toward the door
The dark is cold outside
But the winter is calling your name
Calling you out
It's time to run (from the truth)
Because you've had enough
And you're dying to just
Be free of guilt
(continued at 20:55)
So close the door
Tight behind you as you go
Don't say a word
Just wait silent
For it goes without saying
And the quieter you are
The further
It carries you away
For it goes without saying


 

The line "it goes without saying" is referencing The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.

No comments: