Saturday, January 7, 2006

Dreams For The Patient

Blog from when I was using LiveJournal.

[mood | sleepy]
[music |Plans - Death Cab For Cutie]

Well, as always... I'm here because MySpace is SCREWED UP... It truly is a wonder I'm not here more often.

Time: 02:23
Category: Writing and Poetry
Music: Death Cab For Cutie - Plans
Mood: Sleepy

Dreams For The Patient
I want to wake up for work
On less than an hour of sleep
Just 'cause I had to keep up all night
We lay there together
Entangled in the arms of another
The pearls of a comb
Glide through your hair
Just like the fingers of my hand
Sweep through the silky surface of falling water
I whispered "I love you"
To hear you insist you love me more
I touched a strand aside
And told your ear "That may be..."
I brushed your cheek
With the tips of the digits
Stretched outward from the arm of my mind
My eye met your eye
"... but ..."(I couldn't finish but I tried)
As your lips, with a touch
Stole the breath away from mine
("...I love you")
There I stayed locked in eternity
Waiting for the color to be unveiled
By the fine, thin, tired sheets
That gracefully glanced over your eyes
At the gentle ripple of my hand
Passing through your lightly-darkened hair
Should this be a dream
That I am to hold you
While you sleep?
My sight inhales each breath
While my lungs collapse
With every falling of your chest
Savoring the very moment
As if it were not passed
Memorizing the whole of detail
As if to say
"I fear this never happened."
01-07-2006 (01:45 to 02:45 to 03:38)

It was an interesting idea that popped into my head. The idea to write about waking up in everyday life... then moving back in time to a dream... combining the two until you can't tell which is which... and then memorizing it out of fear that it may have never happened. It's actually almost more like moving back in time to the night before, and then getting lost, and not being able to tell if it's a dream or not. The title also just "popped" into my head. It seemed appropriate though. Perhaps I should consider calling it "Dreams Are For Lovers" since I hear that just about everything IS for lovers...
I hope that this is as good as I feel that it is.

"Your Face Here" upon my heart with love
Matthew Shane (Mahi) Eskuchen

No comments: