Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Bigger Picture... Specifically.

I wrote all of this on February 18.

I must apologize.
I am lost somewhere within my head and my thoughts.
I feel like I used to look at a broad and wide open picture of things, but lately I've dug myself in with a microscope and I can't see the forest for the trees.
My mind is so cluttered and there is so much just whizzing past me and by now I can't even grab hold of any of it.
I can't put my thoughts into words.
I can't put my emotions into colors.
I can't put my energy into action.
I feel like there is just so much to be said and done, and it all seems so simple and yet so impossible.

Trying to think that all the strength of a dam may be balanced on a simple stone or twig.
All the functions of a modern car can cease if a tiny microchip malfunctions.
All the operations performed by my body start at a cellular level.

I feel as if I had been reading a book- my life story- and someone came along and shoved my face down against the pages.
I can't see what's going on. I can't understand my own thoughts.

I'm lost.
It seems that the only time I can focus is when I sit down and talk to someone. Then I can piece things together.
But I hardly ever have a chance to sit and talk with anyone.
I think maybe that's what it is.
Maybe my mind has just become so cluttered because I never get anything out of it, maybe it's like a crowded room filled with smoke.

Copeland - I'm Safer On An Airplane 

I think I'm safer in an airplane.
I think I'm safer with my lungs full of smoke.
I thing I'm safer on the jetway
Than a world without hope.

I think I'm safer in an airplane.
I think I'm safer if I run through the streets.
I thing I'm safer on the jetway
Than a world without peace.

I think I'm safer in an airplane.
I think I'm safer in the sky up above.
I thing I'm safer on the jetway
Than a world without love.


I just want God in my life.
I can't wait for the simplicity of having nothing.
I've been packing up my room, and I really like it. The more things disappear, the better I feel. It's freedom.
I feel better when I'm cleaning and packing. But I also feel as if I don't want to do anything else.


Eat Sleep Repeat    By: Copeland Release date: 2007-06-05

1 comment:

Amanda Kay said...

Matthew, may the joy you have right now packing and simplifying life stay with you. Relish the freedom and new life that Abba is giving you soon via the military. Glad that we got to talk in person ... and truly hope that it relieved some of your cranium clutter.

Love and hugs - Amanda Kay :)