Friday, May 9, 2008

Happily, After (I'm Gone)

So, you know...
I've just realized, (and almost a month away from 22 is probably entirely too late, but) happy endings... True love... Fairy tales???
None of it will ever happen. I'm so tired of it. No one believes in anything anymore!
Everyone's so caught up in getting what they want, and getting their fill of sex that they can't simply find pure joy in giving what they love the most. All I've ever wanted was love. I believed in it. I waited for it. I dreamt of it. I lived for it.

But for what... Why?

No one will ever believe in the simplicity of it. Everything always has to be so complicated. It will never exist if people never truly believe. Sure, a happy ending is what everyone wants, but no one fully believes with all their heart that they'll accomplish it. No wonder I just want to leave.

I just keep telling people lately... Well, more asking them... "Do you ever just want to go? Pack up some clothes, and leave everything behind. Just go..."
I promise you all. One day I'll be gone. I'll just disappear. Because I'm sick of this dreamless life. I'm sick of people thinking I'm crazy because I smile when I shouldn't. I'm sick of wanting to be a prince charming, but never having a princess to rescue.
But one day soon... I'll be leaving. I'm done looking for love... But now I need to find where I belong. And...
I'll just be gone. I'm not calling into work. I'm not tellig my family. I'm just going to be out the door and gone.

My one, and only concern... :-) How will I take all my shirts with me?

I just wanted to warn you all. Those few of you who actually read this.
Someday I'll be gone... Someday soon.

No comments: