Saturday, March 8, 2008

Final Pages

No Final Farewell
03/04/08 (23:53)

We get along
Yeah!
We get along
Just like they said we would
(Like a house on fire)
I was listening to the
White Stripes' "Icky Thump"
Which left a craving for Modest Mouse
And you know how that goes
When "I think I know my geometry pretty damn well!"
But I still can't focus on anything
Perhaps there should be rules against
Half a page
And then a page further in
[cont. 03/05/08 (03:54)]
If everything I am
Everything I never was
All that could have been
We poured onto these pages
All that was ever worth
Anything within me
Spilled onto these pages
Like blood to sign
The final farewell
And maybe "Goodbye" is what this has become
Singing songs, rewriting words
But every last idea
Everything I never was
Has slipped away again.
I've slipped again
Back into the depths
The abyss that never was
But always will be
Everything within
That never made it out
Every cry that never...
Nothing is familiar now

How is it that we come to this
And yet, we have nothing to say
No farewell
No friendly goodbye
Simply...
The ever familiar silence
Ah! I remember now
You are familiar
But it's time now
Time for you to leave
The pen, the ink, the veins are dry
And the pages are to their last
So this never was & is no more.
[finished 03/05/08 (04:13)]

No comments: