Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sit silent, my heart...

More poetry to catch up on...

12/25/07 (03:56)
All the world
Comes crashing like the waves
Rising against
And pulling away.
I've come to taking surprises
Much better than this twitchy exterior would display
But it's the calluses...
It's the soft touch that gives me away!

It's coming apart
All the world
Unraveling and raveling again
Faces changing
Time taking it's toll
But I seem to just be standing still
Sober and unnoticed
Forgotten
As love sets loose its vengeance upon the world

Oh so small
Such a tiny part
And yet it seems so far
Oh so small
Such an insignificant thought
But I really couldn't do anything

You wanted a Savior
But I am a sheep for the slaughter
Fuel for the fire
A moon to brag of the glorious Son (sun)
I've been made from the faithful
But far from the graceful
I'm a stone for the sinking
Not skimming along.

And as the world closes around me
The waves so refined
What gaps open for air
Close in a moment like fire
The whole world is crashing
So let's stop for a moment to think...
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Well, I think it's time you decide
You're completely free to choose
But I can't wait for you.
All the world is crashing
I can't wait for you (my catalyst)
I've plans to make for rebuilding
(finished 04:30)

"Sit Silent"
12/26/07 (04:25)
Sit silent
Let the violence come to you
If love is to be war
Let the violence come to you
As she holds your heart over the flame
Kept locked in eternal threat of breaking.

If love is to be war,
Sit silent
Let the violence come to you.

I've been waiting on this night
The Eve of battle sits
Frozen in time!
I've been hanging from this line
And the question goes uncalled
Is this what you call love?
Is this...
What you call...
It doesn't matter what you say about it any longer
I've lost the nerve to hold
Let loose a nervous cry
This is the final night!
Tomorrow...
We Fight!

We've been waiting
We haven't slept in ages
But I'll lift my tired eyes
It's time we put an end to this
(sit silent...)

01/07/08
One step further seems so far away
You seem so far away
Oh I forget
You are so far away
So distant you've forgotten all about me
One step further seems to never (come)
Oh! One step further
Seems forever!
Forever
(idea I had while thinking about the name of a band called Further Seems Forever)

01/10/08 (05:21)
Chances running out
Moments counting down
This fire's growing ever fainter
The sands are snuffing out
Grandfather's days are winding down
But I'm fighting on to the last!

Every second counts
Closer and closer to the end
Means it's drawing nearer to begin
Everything, OH! Everything
I've ever dreamed
And this is all I can offer

It's not hopeless,
But perhaps some hope will do instead
It wasn't dreaming
But it's never ever dead
Just see it (I pray)
Just see me...
You'll see everything you gave
And I'll catch you
To stop your falling
Falling hopeless
Everyone deserves a change.

Write
01/10/08 (05:36)
Write it down
Over & Over
Write it down
Wear it out
It's deep inside
Just keep writing
It has to surface eventually
The words aren't right now
But maybe tomorrow
Just write it down
We'll sort it out one day
When every last word's been spent.
Just get it said
You'll never have another chance to dig for this
So write it down
Over & Over
Write it out
It's bound to sink into
the paper
the pen
the ink
or spiral-bound sheets
It's bound to be here
It's everywhere
Just look for me.
Love is waiting
So write it down.

My Heart
01/16/08 (05:58)
I know it matters not what I say
And you don't care what I do.
But believe me when I say "This is real"
Oh, it doesn't matter what you feel.

If you could open your eyes
To see inside
You'd see what I see
When you sigh
It doesn't matter if you believe
You can't steal your heart away from me.

I've got it here
Under 'lock and key'
You can't see
Mine's the heart you're giving away.


Currently listening :
And the Rest Will Follow
By Project 86
Release date: 27 September, 2005
Currently listening:
Rival Factions
By: Project 86
Release date: 19 June, 2007

No comments: