Thursday, November 9, 2006

Would you bring your Isaac?

Blog from MySpace. Current mood:  sleepy Category: Music

I was hanging out with Janell and Erika tonight (for a little while), and after we dropped Erika off, Janell went back to her house where my car was parked. I told her that I thought I would drive home in silence... My thoughts behind the silent trip home were: my prayers are boucing off the ceiling, music isn't helping me worship God, perhaps silence can help to bring me into focus. well, I lied..... When I got into the car, mewithoutYou was playing. The album: "Catch For Us The Foxes" The song: "The Soviet" What it had to say: 

God is love and love is real, but the dead are dancing with the dead and though all that's charming disappears all things lovely only hurt my head as I gather stones from fields like pearls of water on my fingers ends and wrap them up in boxes, safe from windows, from things that break, as the night-time shined like day it saw my sorry face, hair a mess but it liked me best that way (Besides, how else could I confess? When I looked down, like if to pray, well I was looking down her dress...) Good God, please! Catch for us the foxes in the vineyard - The little foxes. Turn your ear, musician, to silence because they only come out when it's quiet, their tails brushing over your eyelids - Wake up, Sleeper, and rise from the dead! Or the fur that they shed will cover your bed in a delicate orange-ish cinnamon red, ah, I don't need this! I have my loves, I have my doubts. I don't need this. 

And after having that to say... I thought on it....(Selah) I then jumped to As Cities Burn The album: "Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest!" The song: "Wake Dead Man, Wake" What this song had to say: 

Let the dead bury their own dead. Will you still love me in famine, As when love began at the harvest? Or would you gain the whole world? Son, I loved you at your darkest. But what good is the whole world When I promise no tomorrow? I only promise your tomorrows Will never take you past my palm. Love, what is love without trust? At my word would you bring your Isaac? Son, I loved you at your darkest. 

The importance? Sunday morning, Matthew 7:24-27 which is the parable of the wise and foolish men building their houses on the rocks and in the sand. Well, I was scanning through and something caught my eye in Matthew 8. "Let the dead bury their own dead." 

Matthew 8:19-22  

19 Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go." 20 Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." 21 Another disciple said to him, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father." 22 But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead." 

I underlined two parts of this passage: "the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." and "let the dead bury their own dead." 

In the song "In A Sweater Poorly Knit," by mewithoutYou, there is a verse that says: 

You're a door-without-a-key, a field-without-a-fence You made a holy fool of me and I've thanked you ever since. If she comes circling back we'll end where we'd begun Like to pennies on the train track the train crushed into one Or if I'm a crown without a king, if I'm a broken open seed If I come without a thing, then I come with all I need No boat out in the blue, no place to rest your head The trap I set for you seems to have caught my leg instead! I do not exist only YOU exist 

The reason I'm posting all this online.... I'm not sure... I was driving past my mom's office and it popped into my head to come post this blog... so here I am... I hope this blesses you. I have much homework to do, and a pounding headache... but I felt led to post this... So I hope that these thoughts bless you I pray that they do. Although, my prayers seem to be bouncing off the ceiling today... I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow. "Your Face Here" upon my heart with love Matthew Shane 

Lord, If following You means living in constant motion, moving with You Lord. Living with no place to rest my head. I give it to You Lord. I give You my world. It will do me no good if I am not to survive the night. Lord I bring You my Isaac. And I can only pray that you are pleased and honored by my sacrifice. I offer up to You the things that I want most. My life is in Your hands. Amen

Currently listening : Brother, Sister By mewithoutYou Release date: By 26 September, 2006

2 Comments - 4 Kudos

Amanda Marie

Thank you so much for posting this Matt! It has truly blessed me. And this blog has also showed me how much you have changed in your faith. It is breath-taking! I can't wait to see you again whenever that is.

Posted by Amanda Marie on Thursday, November 09, 2006 at 8:21 AM

~Crystal~

I am so excited for you Matt! I remember when you didn't look at things quite this way...It was I too that let wordly things interfere with my relationship with God. We should so conduct a Bible Study!? What do ya think?

Posted by ~Crystal~ on Friday, November 10, 2006 at 11:35 AM

No comments: