Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Focus!!! All I want is to want one thing!!!!!

Blog from MySpace. Current mood:  sleepy Category: Life
Focus.....
"All I want is to want one thing" ~ mewithoutYou ~ I asked Mrs. Webb how I can be sure that I'm focusing on God before anything else. The answer (the best answer possible) was simple: Pray that God will be my focus. Invite God into everything I do. I want God to be the center of all my relationships... Friendships, Rivalries, Family, Strangers. I want God in every aspect of my life. I want Him to be in control. But I don't know what to do with myself while I'm not at the wheel. I feel like I'm not focused on Him. I pray that I am. I pray that I am. I pray that I am. Psalm 62
For the director of music. For Jeduthun. A psalm of David.
1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. 3 How long will you assault a man? Would all of you throw him down— this leaning wall, this tottering fence? 4 They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place; they take delight in lies. With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse. Selah 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 7 My salvation and my honor depend on God [a] ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. 8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah 9 Lowborn men are but a breath (vapor), the highborn are but a lie; if weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath (vapor). 10 Do not trust in extortion or take pride in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them. 11 One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, 12 and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 62:7 Or / God Most High is my salvation and my honor
I am aware that I'm still allowed to have my own dreams and aspirations. But I feel.... guilty or selfish for having them. I feel like I'm not releasing everything to God. If I'm still holding on, saying "Lord, I really, really want this. Please fit this into Your will for my life" Or something like that. Am I allowed to ask for that? I'm not praying for a bad thing. I'm praying for companionship. I'm hoping for a life-long friendship. Is this wrong? How can I do anything for myself if I'm living for God? Lord, allow my motives to be right and true. Allow my thoughts to focus on You. Let Your will be my will one hundred percent. Let me smile and enjoy life more confident. Lord, I praise Your name There is no one like You Although this world may not understand my vices. You know them all too well And will not look down on me. Thank You, Lord for granting me the struggle of loving you. Thank You, Lord for Your patience for my constant falling Praise You, oh mighty God. "Your Face Here" upon my heart with love Matthew Shane
Currently listening : Vices By Dead Poetic Release date: By 31 October, 2006

3 Comments - 6 Kudos

~Crystal~

I'm praying for you and making that commitment to myself too! God is needed in all things!

Posted by ~Crystal~ on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 2:24 AM

elyse

Our relationship with God should not be based on feelings. That's a big mistake that Christians make today, I myself, have been guilty of it. We have to keep praying, keep meditating in the Word, even when we don't feel like it or feel as if we're not getting anything out of it. So keep reading, keep praying, keep meditating in the Word and eventually you'll be at a new spiritual level that you've never even dreamed of.

Oh, and don't feel bad for having dreams, goals, and hopes. Having dreams and goals is a wonderful thing. I have many dreams but I don't feel ashamed for them. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4. I really don't think that God would put dreams, visions, and goals in our lives if he didn't want us to have them. So stay in the Word and God will reveal his will for you.

I love your writings too.

Posted by elyse on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 1:17 PM

Amanda Marie

I have this exact same problem, as do most other people. I shall be praying for you Matt! I haven't talked to you or seen you in awhile. Something new with me: I got into Southeastern University and hope to go there in the fall! What's new with you? As I said, I will be praying for you in this struggle and I myself will be working on the same thing as well. It's hard, but it's gonna be alright. =)

Love your sis,

Amanda

Posted by Amanda Marie on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 10:12 PM

No comments: