Sunday, April 16, 2006

She loves me........ ........ not at all......

Blog from MySpace.

Current mood: Encouraged
Category: Encouraged Life

"he / she loves me...
a little...
a lot...
passionately...
insanely...
not at all."
"il / elle m'aime...
un peu...
beaucoup...
passionement...
la folie...
pas du tout.

That's the French (longer, more "dramatic" version), and I'm not sure how accurate it is (masculine / feminine uses and all).

Today is Easter.....
"Happy Easter" anyone who cares to read...
I was really tired when I woke up just as church was starting, and I didn't feel like going (I didn't realize it was Easter Sunday until about three or 4). I fell back asleep and then watched "Howl's Moving Castle" (around 13:00) when I woke up. After that I watched "Just Friends" which was quite stupid. I've decided that I don't like Ryan Reynolds (who stars in the movie). "Howl's Moving Castle," on the other hand, is phentabulous (phenomenal, fantastic, and fabulous... and beyond) and you should all go find it, rent it, and enjoy it (it's an animated movie from Studio Ghibli--a small, Disney supported studio).
After watching "Just Friends" I considered heading into town. I thought about what people might be doing and stuff like that, and realized that it was Easter Sunday. The thought fluttered through my mind to watch "The Passion of the Christ," but it fluttered away as quickly as it had come, (I'm not really in the mood for anything deeply religious and emotionally moving). I feel bad about this, but.... God feels kind of like a family member right now... especially an immature, rebellious little sister (that's the only sibling I have to compare to)... Anyway, I love him, but I just don't like him at the moment. I can't explain why, I don't know. Like I've said to some, there are colors, but there are no words.
Well, I then watched the Death Cab For Cutie DVD "Directions" which is an experimental DVD to go along with their album "Plans." Different directors on fixed budgets getting to make whatever video the song inspires them to do. I only enjoyed a couple videos my first watch through, but then I started reading the director's notes, and rewatching a couple that I slightly liked, and then I started to really love some of them (mainly "Crooked Teeth," "What Sarah Said," "Someday You Will Be Loved," and "Summer Skin")
"What Sarah Said" is where I found that "loves me, loves me not" game. The director had used the French version of the game for inspiration. Apparently the French don't pull petals to simply "he / she loves me," and "he / she loves me not."
Anyway, this is another DVD that I highly recommend. It contains all of the songs from the CD plus videos for them (but it doesn't double as a CD.... only DVD), and it only costs the price that the CD might cost. I got it at Wal-mart (the devil) for about thirteen dollars. I'll have to rewatch this DVD later. It really is wonderful. I wish I had more time to spend with it, but alas, I have homework to finish.
Well, once again, the music / movie / book / game search is not working here on MySpace (what else is new)... so, I've been listening to Death Cab For Cutie, and now I'm going to go listen to The Lonely Hearts... I believe....
Have a good night, and I can't wait to get to Jacksonville and go swimming with the Webbs, and go swing dancing, and get to see Emery in concert with Katie and Austin (and probably a few other people, I'm sure).... and who knows, maybe I'll even hear something about Lauren....

Well, you know the drill...
"Your Face Here" upon my heart with love
Matthew Shane Eskuchen

PS... Thanks, Adam, for calling me just now
Currently listening :
Plans
By Death Cab for Cutie
Release date: By 30 August, 2005
0 Comments - 0 Kudos

No comments: