Wednesday, April 5, 2006

"Deep Within the Green" (A Poem)

Blog from MySpace.

Current mood: energetic
Category: Writing and Poetry

Here's a poem I wrote a couple weeks ago that I wasn't very impressed with, but going back and rereading it, I really like it.
There's a lot in it.
I don't know if everyone, or even anyone, will understand it, but I'm ... happy ... with it... (although happy isn't the right word...)
So it's not written very well, and it's really sad (the memories are), but I'm glad that I remembered... so that I could write this out.

Deep Within The Green
Every step closer swept us farther away
Were you reaching for me as we lost our feet?
I wanted too many things
Did your heart feel a pain
As you turned away from my offering?
Cause it's been four to six years
And I still carry this knife around with me
I wanted your heart to be a part of mine
And I wanted to share those staring eyes
But after I didn't move once
You blinked too fast
And looked away from the glass I held inside
I'm not sure if I was too slow
Or just not slow enough
Or if maybe we hadn't come of age
But if I knew now
What I had known back then
You'd never leave my side again
I saw you catch cold
And so I sparked a flame
That you used to set your heart ablaze
And after watching you die
I saw with my eyes
That you said you never wanted a part of me
But there it is
Deep within the green
Behind a sea of deadly hate
With every lie that you once lived
My heart hides deep within you

03/07/2006 (02:39)


Oh, and everyone needs to go out and find The Fold's new cd "This Too Shall Pass" because it will seriously bless you. Those guys are amazing.

PS.... I'd currently be listening to Death Cab For Cutie's cd "Plans" cause that's what I was listening to when I wrote this poem, but MySpace (go figure) isn't working properly, and won't pull up any music that I search for, so alas... I'm still hating it.

PPS.... Sorry I've been so distant lately.
Currently listening :
Plans
By Death Cab for Cutie
Release date: By 30 August, 2005
0 Comments - 0 Kudos

No comments: