Friday, September 29, 2006

A Glass Can Only Spill What It Contains

Blog from MySpace.

Current mood: anxious
Category: Writing and Poetry

I'm sorry
She makes you laugh
And we're all so fake
I'm sorry
I wish I could make this world more real
If I had a way
I'd paint you a portrait of life the way I see it
Nothing's perfect
But at least nothing's totally useless
If you could see me singing along
You'd laugh your heart to its core
I'm always precisely ashamed
Of my perfect performance
I've got my act down to the 't' for the shadows
They're applauding me in silence
If only you could see who I was
If you could see the cogs spinning round in my brain
Prince Charming is sweet
And ever so tame
But you haven't found him
If you're looking at me
Oh I wish
How I wish
I could make this world more real
But I'm merely a figment of the dream we'll wake up from
Don't stay
Don't leave
Do you know what to do with my precious gift?
Please take my kiss and hold me close
But please remember I'm still a ghost
Vacant and void
Starved for a form
Crying out for a catastrophe
Haunting your tears
Don't remember my voice
I'm afraid I'm not here for your cavity
I remember so well
How they file things down
To the point the walls start to break
Like curing a broken heart
First we must tear it apart
Before we can dam it
And fill it
And float it on ice
It's a trap!
Don't follow me
I'll break you down
And I'll tear out your heart
It's a lie!
Don't listen to me
You'll be falsely perfect for me
If I'm perfect for you
I'll make you what I need
What I want are dreams
Turn to reality
But while I wait you're here for me
I can only pray
You'll run away
Don't let me swallow you
Look at my teeth
They're not as bright as they seem
I'm here to devour you
I haven't got the heart to harm you
But I haven't found the will to warn you
I fear it's already too late
Ev'rything! Ev'rything!
Don't love me
I'm lost in you

Currently listening :
Brother, Sister
By mewithoutYou
Release date: By 26 September, 2006
0 Comments - 0 Kudos

No comments: